Cash4Apples Terms & Conditions
Booking in a repair? Please read these T&C’s
Warranty & Liability Statements
- I understand Cash4Apples is not responsible for any software or data loss on my device. I am solely responsible for backing up the data on my device prior to Cash4Apples undertaking any repair work. Cash4Apples may factory reset my device during repairs which will result in total data loss.
- I understand that any device having sustained any amount of liquid damage always carries a risk when treatment commences, that my device may cease to function after we have tried to repair or replace said affected components. Cash4Apples will not be held responsible for the outcome following any liquid damage repair works.
- I understand that any remaining warranties on my device may be invalidated when Cash4Apples undertake any inspection or repair work. I understand I am responsible for checking with the manufacturer if any repair work undertaken by Cash4Apples may invalidate any warranty.
- I understand that my warranty with Cash4Apples will be void if I damage, scratch, scuff or mark my repaired LCD screen assembly or digitiser glass. Also, If I take my repaired device to another company or if my device is opened after Cash4Apples have completed repairs. Any broken warranty seals will invalidate my warranty.
- I agree that any device that has sustained any bends to chassis, housing, casing, frame prior to screen replacements will not be covered by Cash4Apples warranty at any time after repairs have been completed.
- I agree to waive my 12 months warranty with Cash4Apples if my device has a bend in chassis prior to and after repairs.
- I understand that Cash4Apples are not responsible for any device that may become disabled due to passcode or iCloud locks or any other security feature after the repair is complete.
- I agree that if after 3 months I have not paid or collected my device after I have been contacted by email, phone or letter regarding my repair, Cash4Apples will automatically recycle my device to recover costs.
Your 12 Month Repair Warranty
All repairs (with the exception of software related, battery and water damaged devices) come with 12 months warranty. Warranty excludes faults relating to physical or accidental damage, liquid ingress or if the device is opened whilst in your possession after we have carried out a repair. If the nature of the repair falls outside the terms of your warranty or guarantee, then you may incur a charge for the repair.
If you take your device to a third party after it has been repaired by Cash4Apples, this will void your repair warranty on your device. This includes both repaired and purchased devices.
All software related repairs will not be covered by our warranty.
The warranty only covers the original repair. For example, if we have fitted a new screen and the screen becomes faulty due to electronic failure, we will replace under warranty. The warranty does not include accidental damage, misuse, liquid ingress or acts of nature to your repaired device.
If we have replaced the screen on your device and you repaired screen fails due to an electronic fault, we will cover under warranty. If your repaired screen is cracked, damaged, broken, smashed or displays leaking ink, black/white spots, lines on the screen, you will not be covered under the warranty. These faults are typical of excess force, accidental damage or dropping on the device. We rigorously test each newly fitted screen to ensure the repair has been completed correctly.
If any additional faults occur that are not related to the original repair this will not be covered under warranty and charges will incur.
Refund & Exchange Policy
All warranties are void if the returned merchandise is found to be damaged, scratched, modified or altered in any way. Refunds will be given at the discretion of the company management. Any non-defective item that has been used, installed or opened by the customer is subject to a restocking fee based on the items used resale value. The restocking fee for used, installed or opened non-defective items will normally be 15%.
Buying a refurbished device? Please read these T&C’s
If an order exceeds £250, we may require documentation to show proof of name and address. These can be sent to us by email, fax or post prior to the dispatch of the order. Details of the IP address are noted at the point of purchase. Credit Card Fraud is considered a serious offence and legal proceedings will be undertaken if any transaction is deemed fraudulent. Cash4Apples reserve the right to decline any order we suspect to be fraudulent. Occasionally the decision will be made not to process an order if further security information has been requested and not obtained. The order will not be processed and any monies will be refunded to the original payment card. The customer will be contacted to be informed of the issue and to attempt re-payment.
We offer 6 months warranty from the date you receive your device. We fully test each device when we receive stock and also prior to shipping. We include a test checklist with each device when the device has passed our testing stage. We urge you to fully test your device upon receiving and in the instance, you may find a fault, you must report this and send back to us within the 6 months warranty period. If a fault is found, we may choose to either repair or replace the device. A repair attempt will be made before a replacement device is offered. A replacement device is subject to stock levels. We will try and replace the device with the same model but cannot guarantee you will receive a device of similar condition to your purchased grade, i.e. a Grade B may have more or less scratches to the screen or housing than the device you originally received. Any faults found outside the 6 months period will not be covered either by replacement device or warranty repair.
Warranty will become null and void if:
- Any accidental damage caused to your device including liquid damage will invalidate the warranty and will be subject to administration charges, additional repair costs or replacement device charges and return delivery charges.
- Damaged caused by dropping the device or intentional mistreatment will invalidate the warranty and will be subject to administration charges, additional repair costs or replacement device charges and return delivery charges.
- Any attempt to open, jailbreak or unlock the device either by you or a 3rd party repair company will invalidate your warranty and if subsequent damage or faults arise will be subject to administration charges, additional repair costs or replacement device charges and return delivery charges.
- Any damage or faults sustained to the device caused by improper use of accessories will be subject to administration charges, additional repair costs or replacement device charges and return delivery charges.
Warranty does not cover:
- Faults that may arise due to normal wear and tear, for example, scratches, dents, cracks, broken or missing parts due to misuse or accidental damage to device or accessories supplied are not covered under the warranty.
Any device received that has been sent back for warranty repair or replacement and subsequently, no fault is found by our repair department, we will charge an administration fee (£20.00 inc VAT) and will charge for return delivery at £10.00 within the UK, more if being shipped outside the UK. We will also charge a minimum inspection fee of £20.00 inc VAT if a quote for repair work has been given and subsequently declined or if we find a device is Beyond Economical Repair. The inspection fee includes insured return delivery of your device to any UK address. Extra shipping charges will apply if sending your device outside the UK.
Need longer warranty? Why not purchase an extended warranty from us.
If you are purchasing an item or handset that is currently listed as “pre-order”, you agree and understand that payment will be taken from you and that your order will be processed and shipped normally within 5-10 working days. Pre-order items are normally shipped within 5-10 working days from when we receive your order and payment. During this period your order will remain as “pending” or “processing” status.
We use DPD Courier and Royal Mail Special Delivery as our chosen courier services within the UK, ensuring a fast, fully trackable service. Delivery prices are based on package weight. For all European and International orders, we use DPD which is fully trackable via http://www.dpdlocal.co.uk/content/how-can-we-help/index.jsp. UK orders start from just £2.00 for small, lightweight items to £10.00 for handsets and tablets. Delivery is normally next day if ordered before 12 pm GMT but please allow 48 hours for delivery. Delivery to the Channel Islands including Jersey & Guernsey starts from just £2.00 to small, lightweight items to £10.00 for handsets & tablets. All European and International orders are £25.00 for the first item and addition costs will be charged based on package weight. Royal Mail International target times: 3 working days to Western Europe, 5 working days to Eastern Europe and 7 working days for the rest of the world. DPD International target times: Next business day delivery during the day to almost all European business centres, end of second business day delivery to most business addresses in the United States and all major business centres in Canada, delivery during the day within two to three business days to countries in Asia. Delivery times are not guaranteed.
Undelivered / Lost Items
If after 10 days (UK) 30 days (Worldwide) from the date your order was dispatched excluding Saturday, Sunday & Bank holidays the item(s) are still undelivered please follow these steps:
1. Contact your local post office. In most cases, an attempt will have been made to deliver the item(s). If no one was present to sign for the delivery they will have been returned to the post office/sorting depot where they are stored and eventually returned to us the sender.
2. If the item(s) are not at your local post office/sorting depot please make contact to inform us that the item(s) have not arrived. Please also include your order number and the date that the good(s) were ordered.
On rare occasions, products may develop a fault. Our flexible no fuss policy for dealing with faulty goods is intended to ensure you get the fastest resolution possible and minimise the time you are without a working item. We will either choose to repair the product in-house or replace as necessary. Any item returned to us may be charged an additional fee to cover the cost of testing and return if devices are found to be fully working or if the device is found to have been accidentally damaged. Faulty devices must be returned within 6 months of purchase or they will be rejected and returned and will be charged an administration fee (£20.00) and return delivery fee. If your device becomes faulty after your warranty period has expired, we may offer a discounted repair rate. We will not offer any refund on any items sold that have elapsed the warranty period. It is the buyer’s responsibility to return the item to us. Postage refunds for faulty items received within the first 14 days will be issued, up to a maximum value of £10.00, but only after the items have come back to us and at reasonable costs. You must notify us within 14 days after receiving your order that your device or accessory is faulty. You must return your device within 14 days to be entitled to a postage refund.
We fully test each battery within the device prior to shipping. We run a full battery test which consists of playing a constant YouTube video with medium backlight settings, Bluetooth on, WiFi on and connected and settings restored to Factory Defaults. We expect a battery to last approx 5-7 hours during tests and we deem this to be a good battery. Times will vary across devices depending on battery capacity. For example, an iPhone 5/5C/5S/SE will last 5-7 hours using above testing methods while an iPhone 6/6S may last 6-8 hours as the battery capacity is a little larger. We will only replace a battery if the above times are not being met and within your warranty period only. If you find your battery is not depleting to 0% correctly, your device is shutting off randomly or at a certain percentage, we will replace the battery during your warranty period only. If we receive a device for warranty battery replacement and subsequently find no issues when we complete testing, a charge of £20.00 plus return shipping costs (normally £10.00 within the UK more if being shipped outside the UK) will be applied prior to sending back to you. If you suspect you may have a battery issue, we urge you to restore your device back to factory settings and test your device again. It is possible an application or background service may be draining your battery more than usual.
Incorrectly Supplied Devices
If we have supplied you with an incorrect device, please inform us immediately. Please send back the item in the same condition as we sent it to you within 14 days of purchase. We will test the device and if applicable, send you a replacement, stock levels permitting. It is the buyer’s responsibility to return the item to us.
Under the UK Distance Selling Act of 2000 you, the consumer, have the right to cancel your order within 14 working days after the first day you received your item. The 14 working days begin from the first day after you receive your order. To be entitled to cancel the order the item must be unused and in a re-saleable condition and must be returned at your expense. The cost of any loss of product/parts during transit is your responsibility. All monies entitled to be refunded will be credited once the item(s) has been received by Cash4Apples. Refunds are issued by cheque or credited back to your original payment method within 30 days from the date the item(s) are returned. Please enclose your order number, your address and the reason for returning the goods.
We check each handset that we purchase using the CheckMEND service to ensure any reported lost or stolen handsets are not sold. On the rare occasion, a handset should be flagged red by CheckMEND, we offer a 2-year protection policy. We will either replace the handset with a like-for-like device or refund the handset cost at today’s value. We will need the blacklisted handset returned to us before we can start replacement or refund proceedings. You are responsible for any item being returned to us. You will be responsible for return costs and ensure adequate packaging and insurance cover is used.
Refund & Exchange Policy
All warranties and refunds are void if the returned merchandise is found to be damaged, scratched, modified or altered in any way, either by misuse, accidental damage or force majeure. Refunds will be issued at the discretion of the company Management. If a returned device has suffered damage due to either misuse, accidental damage, force majeure or an attempt has been made to open, alter or modify the device either by the buyer or a 3rd party repair company, all warranties including extended warranty will be null and void and no refund will be offered at any time. If your returned items have sustained any damage cosmetically but have not suffered any fault with the operation of the device, we may re-grade your returned item and refund minus our administration fee £20.00 in addition to deducting the current price difference for the equivalent graded item. Any device that has sustained cosmetic damage which may include heavier marks, dents, scratches, cracks or any other external pressure of force applied will result in increased deductions from any refunds. Any non-defective item that has been used, installed or opened by the customer is subject to a restocking fee based on the original purchase price. The restocking fee for used, installed or opened non-defective items will be 15%. Any order being returned for a refund must include any accessories sent with the order. A deduction of missing items, merchandise or accessories will be made based on the original purchase price of the missing item(s). Refunds will take up to 14 days after we have received the goods back.